Preparing to Enroll
In order to enroll in Ochsner Health Plan, please have the following documents ready:
- Your current Medicare ID Card (Red, White and Blue Card)
- Insurance card/information for a retiree employer or union plan that you intend to keep
- Emergency contact information if you wish to list (not required)
If you need assistance, please call 833-694-2450 and our enrollment team can answer all of your questions and work with you to switch to an Ochsner Health Plan that is right for you.
Are you eligible?
To become an Ochsner Health Plan member, there are only three requirements. You should:
- Already be enrolled in Medicare Parts A and B
- Live within the plan's geographical service area
- You are a United States citizen or are lawfully present in the United States
When can you enroll?
Most people are automatically enrolled in Original (also called Traditional) Medicare (Parts A and B) when they turn 65 years of age. When you’re eligible to enroll in Original Medicare, you also become eligible to enroll in a Medicare Advantage (Part C) plan.
If you aren’t automatically enrolled in Medicare Parts A and B, you must first contact Medicare to enroll in Parts A and B before being eligible for enrollment in a Medicare Advantage plan.
You can enroll in a Medicare Advantage plan when you’re new to Medicare (seven-month period), when you retire and lose group coverage, or during a designated Medicare election period like the Annual Enrollment Period (Oct.15 through Dec. 7 of the previous year).
Prefer us contact you?
Please complete our secure, contact us form. A representative will reach out shortly.